Thursday, March 13, 2014

APAD March # 13 - In my cup

After a cup of coffee, tea or hot chocolate at home in the mornings, I usually try to have one or two cups of green tea at the clinic everyday. I drink it because I've noticed it keeps my weight in check and also because I am told its good for me. The added bonus is, I like the way it tastes.
Some benefits of green tea :
  • Weight loss by increasing the body's metabolism.
  • Helps protect against Diabetes by regulating glucose levels.
  • Protects against Heart Disease by lowering the LDL (bad) cholesterol and improves the ratio of HDL (good) cholesterol to LDL.
  • Helps reduce the risk of High Blood Pressure.
  • Can prevent against Food Poisoning.
  • Can protect against Cancer.
  • Can help prevent Arthritis.
  • Can prevent Bad Breath.
  • Improves your Immunity.
  • Can delay the deterioration caused by Alzheimer's and Parkinson's.
  • Helps fight against Allergies.
  • Has antioxidants that help Wrinkles and fight the Signs of Aging.
  • Has Anti Bacterial and Anti Viral properties.
  • Helps in Depression.
  • Has antioxidants "Catechin" which can destroy bacteria and viruses that cause Throat Infections, Dental Caries and other Dental Conditions.

                                                      


This picture was taken today soon after I made some Jasmine flavoured Green Tea in my special Green Tea Glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dr Seuss themed 1st Birthday!

It seems like yesterday that we brought our son Ronav home from the hospital, but a year has just flown by and all that we are left with a...