Wednesday, March 12, 2014

APAD March # 12 - A Smile

A Smile is what my life revolves around, literally. A Dentist by profession with special training in Smile Designing, I strive to bring a smile to every patient's face, either by giving them a perfect smile or by relieving them of pain. Initially I thought I would discuss some dental treatments for this prompt, but after seeing a patient this morning, it only fit that I blog about that appointment.
Mr and Mrs S and their 2 daughters have been patients of mine for the last 6 years, ever since I first started my clinic. They have visited dedicatedly every six months and have also referred umpteen number of patients to me. This morning Mrs S came in with her younger daughter for their regular six monthly appointment and informed me that they were moving to another country next month. Mr S had landed an excellent promotion and transfer, and it was a move that would prove beneficial to the kids too. It was a bittersweet moment for me, I was so happy for them for this excellent opportunity, but sad that it may be the last time I see them. I did not realise how attached one can get to regular patients until you see them go. And what makes all the hard work that you put in, is when the patient says that they are going to miss you the most. That's when you know, you are serving your purpose well. Thank you Mr and Mrs S, will miss seeing you!


This was a Smile Designing case done by me in the year 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dr Seuss themed 1st Birthday!

It seems like yesterday that we brought our son Ronav home from the hospital, but a year has just flown by and all that we are left with a...