Sunday, March 23, 2014

APAD March # 23 - Breakfast

Experts say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and rightly so. But that does not account for mothers! Morning routines are based around getting the toddler in time to play school and then rushing to get to work from there. On a good day I may get maybe 5 minutes to wipe out my breakfast, on other days I steal a bite or two while feeding my toddler. And yes this is despite having help at home! I get nightmares of the chaos that will ensue the day she gets married! God bless her. Sundays are usually relaxed and this is what I got for breakfast today, egg salad toast. Before our son was born, my husband and I had a sunday morning routine where I'd make different omelets for him and crepes for myself and we would take our time to read the news paper, have some coffee or juice and just sit and talk! That seems like luxury now, but hopefully someday, I will be able to sit down and savour my handmade crepes! Until then I make most of my quick morning bites.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dr Seuss themed 1st Birthday!

It seems like yesterday that we brought our son Ronav home from the hospital, but a year has just flown by and all that we are left with a...