Thursday, March 06, 2014

APAD March # 6 - Culture


India is most often associated with tea, but the coffee culture runs deep in the southern states. No true blue South Indian would ever do without his or her filter coffee early morning, and this I learned the day I married into a Kannadiga family. On my first trip to the in-laws in Bangalore, I realised that in the south, coffee is as delicious as it is ubiquitous. Being mainly a tea drinker, I feel in love with coffee on my 1st anniversary trip to Coorg. You can read all about the trip here. If you drop into our house early in the morning, you will most likely be greeted with the aroma of freshly brewed coffee. So come on over for a cup of heaven to kick start your day!



This picture was taken at Coorg in February 2010.



6 comments:

  1. I tried my hand at latte art but it is darned difficult… though without the art I can make a mean latte ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gauri, is there anything you cannot do! Im sure you will ace the artwork on the latte if you give it a try!

      Delete
  2. I drink coffee very rarely, but will not say no to a cup of South Indian coffee! I like the coffee art too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same here! I was originally a tea drinker but after marrying into my Andhra husband's family, I cannot do without my morning coffee!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to my trips to Bangalore now as my MIL makes a mean cup of coffee!

      Delete

Dr Seuss themed 1st Birthday!

It seems like yesterday that we brought our son Ronav home from the hospital, but a year has just flown by and all that we are left with a...