Skip to main content

Popular posts from this blog

Ronav’s first experience with Canvas painting

Back in January this year, Ronav’s grandparents gifted him an easel, canvas papers and paints.  We spent one Saturday afternoon creating this finger painting. He painted the entire thing himself with a few inputs from me.  At that time he had little knowledge of what the roots of trees really do. So when I explained the roots help in anchorage and nutrition, he made them round and big to give his trees maximum nutrients.  He also painted two suns. When I asked him the reason for doing that, this was his explanation “One sun is up in the sky to give us light and one sun is close to my trees to help them grow stronger and  taller quickly.” The imaginative minds of young kids!  Needless to say that we have saved this one! 





A Dentist’s Views On Childrens Dental Care - An interview by KanikaG

When an author and blogger friend approached me to shed light on some dental issues for kids for her blog, I wondered if I could do justice to her questions.

Kanika G is a mother of 2 witty and beautiful girls. She herself is a physicist and a published author and blogs at Mom’s Best Friend. A must visit to read lovely children's stories, picture books, parenting blog posts, short stories for grown ups, articles pertaining to women's issues, recipes, poetry and more.

This is the interview and you can read all about it here too. KanikaG has asked all these questions and I’ve tried my best to address them to the best my knowledge and ability. 
Thank you KanikaG for this! 



How long have you been a practicing dentist and how often do you work with kids?I have been into private practice close to 15 years now and work closely with kids almost on a daily basis in the form of providing them dental treatment at my clinic and conducting dental camps and lectures at schools. When should paren…

Barnyard Theme 2nd Birthday

Our son turned 2 last month and we decided to throw a Barnyard theme birthday party for him. After the Dr. Seuss themed first birthday party last year, this year we chose a theme he could relate to and enjoy. He can now recognize all farm animals and the sounds they make and Old MacDonald is one of his favourite nursery rhymes. It took weeks and weeks of preparations and that meant burning the midnight oil once again for us working parents, and a sabbatical for me from my blog for over 3 months. Here is all that we did and more.

Invitations:
Were made on photoshop by my husband and were sent out via email and whats app. We used the same invitations as reminders a week before the party for last minute rsvps.


Birthday Boy:
Ronav was dressed in denim overalls and a checked shirt to resemble a farmer in the barn, Mom and dad played their part too, wearing checked shirts and denims.


Barn Entrance:
Our main door was decorated to look like a barn door.

Paper Rosettes, Streamers: Were hand made …