Friday, September 12, 2014

The Gadgeteer in me

I've obsessed about gadgets for as long as I can remember. From the atari to the nintendo, from watching sci -fi movies to reliving them while playing with lego or playing make believe, I've spent better part of my life deciding on which gadget I absolutely "need" next.
Being an avid reader, I was skeptical when the ereader was first introduced as I could not imagine not reading a paper book, oh the smell of books! But curiosity got better of me and I called for my first ereader - the Sony from the US. The high of carrying all my favourite books got better of me and I was hooked. But I wanted something better and not touch screen and the Amazon Kindle had what I was looking for. Lo and behold, a new ereader was on its way from the US thanx to all the family and friends who are kind enough to carry all the goodies. I now have the kindle reading app on all my devices since I buy a lot of books from Amazon using the cloud, but I still love reading on my Kindle, while my husband is happy that our study now has place for other things!
Ask a new mother who her best friend is at night, and the prompt reply you will get is - mobile or tablet. Emails, social networking, blogging, watching movies or tv shows, reading books, playing games, and skimming through magazines, I do it all on my Ipad mini. We do not have a TV in our room and do not plan on getting one anytime soon as our respective Ipads or Macs do the needful for us. Hubby and I have stayed up many a nights watching back to back movies or TV shows. We watch reruns of Friends everyday on TV and have gone through Boston Legal, Frasier, Seinfeld, Grey's Anatomy, Lost, The Big Bang Theory, Bones, Everybody Loves Raymond, House MD to name a few. I am at the moment enjoying my Iphone 5S and looking forward to the Apple Watch launch!

One e-store that I love is Hitplay.in. They have a range of quirky gizmos that they keep updating regularly. Their tagline says it all "HitPlay - For those who've got everything else." This is one of my favourites amongst many more that I have bought. It took me many many months to find just the right clock for my kitchen.


The next product I'm eyeing is the Hydracoach. It calculates your personal hydration needs, tracks your real-time fluid consumption, paces you throughout the day, and motivates you to achieve and maintain optimal hydration. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dr Seuss themed 1st Birthday!

It seems like yesterday that we brought our son Ronav home from the hospital, but a year has just flown by and all that we are left with a...